Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Thank You, or a Turning Point in My Understanding of Writing

I’d never thought about myself as a writer before I started taking composition classes… It’s more like I had been writing because I needed to. Moreover, I didn’t like writing in English at all, and I always tried to avoid this unpleasant for me process.

It’s so easy for me to write in Russian: the vocabulary is very rich, grammar and punctuation are perfect. But when it comes to English language, my writings are kind of poor. It’s always hard to use the correct word, and I need to think twice before using it. At least now I enjoy writing in English language, and I want to thank for it my first professor of this class, Mr. Matthew Mauch. He made be believe that I can write, and that my works are not actually that bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment